During quarantine, our homes have not only become our offices, but also our gyms. As much as we miss being able to go to our favorite yoga classes and workout studios, we have loved seeing what works best for us at home. To be honest, we’ve never been more consistent with our workouts because there’s no excuse of not being able to make it to the gym! Exercising daily has a huge positive impact on our mental and physical health, and we’re loving giving our bodies what they need while being home. It’s been amazing to watch so many fitness instructors step it up and offer all different types of virtual classes that people can easily do from home. Below we've have rounded up some of our favorite ways to sweat it out from our living room (no fancy home gym required!):
- MWH Method: Melissa Wood Tepperberg is currently taking over the exercise world by a storm. Melissa’s workouts are a blend of pilates, yoga and muscle work. She’s a huge proponent of consistency and ‘getting it in’, even if it’s only for 10 minutes. We love that she has everything from longer full body flows, to short and focused leg, booty, arm, or ab workouts. She also has amazing guided meditations and treadmill series videos. You can start with a 7 day free trail and continue with her membership if you fall in love as much as we have.
- Torch’d by Isaac Calpito: Another fitness expert who is all over the internet is Hawaian native Isaac Calpito. The SoulCycle instructor and personal trainer created his unique class Torch’d that helps tone your body on your living room floor with only a small space and small weights (or water bottles if you don’t have weights). Isaac teaches a free Instagram live stream class everyday at 11:00AM EST (@isaacboots) and we can promise you that you won’t be able to feel your legs afterwards!
- JOJA Youtube Channel: Youtube has tons of different workout videos that are free and super easy to follow. A channel we love to use for all different types of workouts is JOJA. Joja is an account run by top models Josephine Skriver and Jai Stookes who share free videos of their workouts, favorite healthy recipes, etc. Some of our most-liked videos on their Youtube channel include their 15 Minute Abs and Full Body 15 Minute HIIT Workout with no equipment needed!
- Erika Halweil Yoga: We have also been loving Yoga with Erika Halweil. Yoga is an awesome way to de-stress and get your body moving. We love to light a lavender candle while doing Yoga to really calm the energy in the room. Erika offers different time Zoom class sessions where you can register on her website and select the unlimited pass or just drop in when you want!
- The Class by Taryn Toomey: The Class by Taryn Toomey is another awesome workout that is offering a free 14 day trial from home. The class incorporates small movements, breathing and energy flowing movements that will make your body and mind feel so fresh afterwards. Classes are live streamed 7 days a week at all different times so you don’t need to worry about only one time slot!
- The Sculpt Society: The #1 Dance Cardio and Sculpting Workout on the Market is The Sculpt Society by Megan Roup. Megan was sick of the average gym workout and found a way to make working out fun and dance your heart out! Megan’s app offers a free trail and different membership packages. This is an awesome activity to do with your friends and family at home and doesn’t feel like a scary workout!
The Superflower Team